Apr 8, 2009

Autism Quotes


"For success in science and art a dash of autism is essential." Hans Asperger

"Asperger’s syndrome has probably been an important and valuable characteristic of our species throughout evolution." Tony Attwood

"Someone with Asperger’s really is like you, just more extreme." Dr. Winnie Dunn

"Consider the following four dead-end kids. One was spanked by his teachers for bad grades and a poor attitude. He dropped out of school at 16. Another failed remedial English and came perilously close to flunking out of college. The third feared he'd never make it through school--and might not have without a tutor. The last finally learned to read in third grade, devouring Marvel comics, whose pictures provided clues to help him untangle the words. These four losers are, respectively, Richard Branson, Charles Schwab, John Chambers, and David Boies."

"I feel life is a journey and we all have to learn to ride the storm, for some of us it can seem more like a tidal wave, but with every storm the sun eventually comes back out." -Alyson Bradley

"Chaos is in fact just an illusion created by your inability to perceive the order in which things truly are." -Alyson Bradley.

"I may have been born different and misunderstood from birth, but I know there is a place for me, somewhere in this universe." - Alyson Bradley

“I just want to continue to exist, but you continue to question my very existence!” – Alyson Bradley

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities." - Dr Seuss

"I do not suffer from Autism, but I do suffer from the way you treat me." -Tyler Durdin

"Not everything that steps out of line, and thus 'abnormal,' must necessarily be 'inferior." - Hans Asperger

"Just because you're a bird doesn't mean you can fly..." - The Ostrich.

"The difference between high-functioning and low-functioning is that high-functioning means your deficits are ignored, and low- functioning means your assets are ignored." - Laura Tisoncik

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible"- Frank Zappa

"I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird." - Frank Zappa


***This list was found on A Family United for the Autistic.

4 comments:

cre8tone said...

nice quotes!

alice said...

These are great quotes. I think they would apply to most disabilities also. I know they do to Williams Syndrome. Bring tears to eyes (in a good way)

The High Family said...

Love these quotes! especially the Dr. Seuss one!

ThatsBaloney said...

I LOVE THIS. Thanks, Tara.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails